Hello readers, welcome to weird-geography.com! Today i'm going to write about Vikings.
1. The Name Viking means "pirate raid".
2. Although most images of Vikings show then wearing horns on helmets, most vikings didn't have helmets and the ones who did, didn't have horns.
3. Vikings captured slaves that they called "Thralls".
4. Most Vikings couldn't afford swords, so swords were viewed as one of the most precious items a Viking could own.
5. Although Vikings weren't known for their writing, they did write a series of stories called The Sagas. The Sagas help modern historians know what Viking society was like.
Thanks for reading!!!