Hello readers, there are many interesting facts about the Medieval times. Today i'm going to share 5 facts with you.
1. During the Medieval times a butt load was a real unit of measurement. It is about equal to 129 gallons.
2. Medieval Pope Gregory IX considered cats to be an "Incarnation of Satan". This led to a mass killing of cats.
3. The average life expectancy `in Medieval Britain was 30 because of the high infant mortality rate. If you lived up to 21 than your life expectancy would increase to 64.
4. Some old manuscripts depict knights fighting snails... no one really knows why.
5. In Medieval times the urine of red-haired boys were prized for making stained glass.
Thanks for reading! Please share this site with friends and family!