Hello readers, today i'm going to share 5 awesome facts about the country of Mauritius. Here they are:
1. Mauritius is named after a Dutch prince by the same name, and is one of the only countries to be named after a person.
2. Mauritius was the only place to be a habitat for the dodo bird. Brought rats to the island which killed the birds by eating their food and other wildlife.
3. Mauritius and Britain both claimed the Chagos archipelago, the status of which country this island is in is disputed.
4. Mauritius doesn't have an organized Army.
5. Mauritius is almost entirely surrounded by coral reefs.
Thanks for reading!