Hello readers, there are many strange and weird facts about islands around the world. Today i'm going to share some with you.
1. Every year on the Australian island territory of Christmas Island over 120 million million crabs make a month long journey to the islands beaches so they can mate.
2. The floating islands of lake Titica are islands that are woven out of reeds, these islands still serve as a tourist attraction to this day.
3. The inhabitants of North Sentinal island in India are known to be very hostile, they throw spears and shoot arrows at any visitors.
4. Poveglia island started as a dumping ground of plague victims for the Romans. A mental hospital was built there in 1922 but the island is now inhabited.
5. The Palm islands are palm tree shaped islands that are man-made, built off the coast of Dubai.
Thanks for reading! Please share this website with family and friends!