Hello readers, today I'm going to share five facts about Oceanography.
1. It's widely believed that 95% of the world's oceans are undiscovered. In fact Scientists know more about Mars and the Moon than they know about the depths of our oceans.
2. 50% of the U.S is under water. Most of this is because of our legal jurisdiction an our EEZ.
3. The 1st person to study the Gulf Stream scientifically was Benjamin Franklin.
4. The country with the longest coastline is Canada, with 56,453 miles.
5. The highest tides in the world are in the Bay of Fundy in Canada. It can range as much as 53 feet in the spring.
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to share this post with family and friends!