Hello readers, welcome to the world of weird geography. Today I'm going to share 5 facts about Antarctica.
1. 90 percent of Antarctica is covered in ice.
2. The Antarctic ice sheet is the largest ice sheet in the world.
3. If the West Antarctic ice sheet melted, it would raise global sea levels by 16 feet (5 meters).
4. Antarctica is one and a half times larger than the United states.
5. There is a year round presence of researchers on Antarctica, however there aren't any indigenous people from Antarctica.
Thanks for reading!